Thursday 15 January 2015

Reviews that make you LOVE being an author!



5.0 out of 5 stars such an amazing and captivating readJanuary 11, 2015
Where to even begin with this one.

D.B. Nielsen is a twitter friend of mine. When I first joined twitter and grabbed him as a follower he sent me a link to review his book SEED. I never got around to doing it until recently and let me just say I AM KICKING MYSELF FOR NOT READING IT BEFORE NOW! (of course at the same time I am relieved because the second book doesn't come out til March Now I don't have to as long for my Fi addiction).

The amount of knowledge I gained from this book is astounding. I always enjoy reading a book and coming away knowing something I didn't before. This book is JAMMED packed with history, but it is described in a way that is so easy to follow, and has romance and mystery and that supernatural feel that it all just rolls into one amazing book.

When I finally started the book I couldn't put it down. I finished it in little over a day. Heck I have even went back and restarted the book just to make sure I didn't miss anything, and to get my Fi fixed, she was by far my favorite character. So full of life and laughter. She was so carefree but also serious when it comes to things that impact her life and her family. I loved that. I also loved how she was always there for her twin, Sage (who is the main character, with St. John).

The characters were all really well developed and thought out. They had their purpose within the book and each maintained it well. There wasn't one character that I didn't like, heck I even liked the evil guy Louis.

So kudos to you D. B. Nielsen you have drew me in! I can't wait for the second book!

5.0 out of 5 stars A SPECTACULAR MUST READ!!! (Spoiler Alert!)January 11, 2015
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Seed: Keepers of Genesis I (Volume 1) (Paperback)
‘The Seed’ is a unique and super awesome story displaying romance, heroism, courage, & unwavering loyalty, along with history all ingeniously intertwined together to make the perfect adventure story!! This book is full of action-packed cliff-hangers & nail biting moments, that once I started reading it, I couldn't tear my eyes away which resulted in quite a few late nights! It’s an immensely enjoyable read for all – simply fantastic!! (I am probably one of the youngest readers of it, just starting high school this year) So far, I have read it twice!!
It was really intriguing to see the relationship between Sage & Saffron, two twins with opposite personalities & to top it off, the charming yet mysterious St. John. As Sage finds herself dragged more and more into the irresistible charm of St. John, what happens next is unexpected. When St. John reveals to Sage that she is the Wise One that they have been waiting for several ages (millions of years) she plunges into a dangerous ordeal, meddling with things of the past and making dangerous, immortal, & formidable enemies on the way. Will she survive and save those in need of help, or will she perish?
It is simply my favourite among what I have read recently. To give you a clue, I have read those popular series which have been made into movies recently and are quite hot on the book market. Keepers of Genesis is the best, and I can’t wait to read the next book in the series!!

No comments:

Post a Comment