Saturday 27 December 2014

Interview by Mom With A Kindle



If you could have any superpower what would you choose?

Can I say that I’d like to manipulate time? I would really like to be able to time travel or stop time or reverse time – probably because I never seem to have enough hours in the day to do all the things I love and need to do. And I could also go back in time and visit those loved ones that have passed away or tell my younger self not to waste time on people who don’t really matter. Oh, yeah, and tell my younger self to chillax once in a while (I was a bit intense in my youth!)

Tell us your most rewarding experience since being published.
Being recognized on Twitter (probably because, at the time, I had no idea how to Tweet!) and the readers’ generosity, their interest, their love of my novel was truly humbling. I think one of the greatest compliments from a reader that I received was that they thought I must have a background in archaeology and history. I may not be an archaeologist or historian but I do have a love for history and romance. 

Please tell us in one sentence only, why we should read your book.
Because it’s for all the lovers and believers in beauty and true love and mystical talismans, angels and ancient artefacts.

Favorite food?
Smoked salmon or gravlax (served with French champagne), though I’m also really partial to a High Tea (complete with scones/ jam & cream, finger sandwiches and petit fours)

What book are reading now?
Aravind Adiga’s The White Tiger

What’s your favorite season/weather?
Autumn/ Fall – I love the burst of colours of the leaves on the trees and I appreciate it being neither too hot or too cold (but just right to curl up with a good book).

What was your favorite children's book?
P.D. Eastman’s Are You My Mother? was my favourite children’s book. A newly-hatched bird searches for his mother which leads him to a dog, cow, plane and bulldozer, but there’s a happy reunion with his mother when he finally recognizes her.

Beach or Pool?
Pool with a sexy cabana boy.

What is one book everyone should read?
Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird – the best book ever as it teaches so many important life lessons through the memorable characters of Scout and Atticus.

Any other books in the works? Goals for future projects?
Finishing off book three, SWORD, in the KEEPERS OF GENESIS series and then to eventually try writing a futuristic dystopian text (maybe). I have a million ideas for novels but not enough time to write (that is, until I develop my superpower!)

To view the full Blog hosted by Mom With A Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment